Dynamically generate your site’s social share images.
- Create a dynamic page on your site that matches the design you want to use for your social share image.
- Sign up for Link Cards and create your first project that will create and host your share images for you.
- Update your
twitter:imagemeta tags to point to the generated Link Cards url and you’re all set!
What is a social share image?
If you’ve ever been browsing Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, when you see an image associated with a link that has been posted, that’s a social share image. A lot of time, these images are the same for all pages in a site, or made individually for certain urls, but that can be a lot of work.
Link Cards takes the pain out of making unique images for all your site’s pages.
Why would I want a social share image?
Well, there are many reasons why you might want a social share image, but here are just a few to pique your interest:
- Share images help your content stand on social media.
- Expose more about the content that people are clicking to.
- Increase your brand’s awareness with every piece of content you publish.
What makes Link Cards so special?
Link Cards is the easiest way to create and manage your social share images. Just create a page on your site that you want to represent your social share image.
Once Link Cards is setup, it will dynamically create new share images for all your urls. And, if you want to update the design, all your existing and new pages will dynamically be updated.